Monday, June 8, 2015

have a seat….and a video




for me, part of the fun in creating my chair collection was 
the challenge of how to find a proper "home" for it.
 i usually like to create a little book for my artwork,
but since each one of my chairs was illustrated on loose sheets of paper,
that made the book option difficult.





 and then i started thinking about the actual chairs in my illustrations,
and took inspiration that chairs are most comfortable arranged in a cozy room…. 





and when you open the doors to the room…. 




each chair is there, inviting you to have a seat!
so, instead of making a book, 
i created this simple box structure for my chairs to live in.


 

here's a little video peek of my illustrated
chair chamber!
 

you can watch this video in larger format here!

{you can read more information about each chair in this series
and the inspiration behind it here}

{to create these illustrations, i've cut 140lb CP watercolor paper to 6" x 6", 
and i've used watercolor, a little colored pencil, and graphite pencils.
the cover was created using a sheet of canson mi-teintes paper.}


13 comments:

Createology said...

A Room for your Chairs is brilliant. Cozy walls surrounding your divine chairs...just like a comfortable home! Creative Box Bliss and June JOY...

Jeanette said...

Hi Lori!!!
This is a box of chair goodness for certain!!

I may be missing something, but I didn't see the link to the video included???

I'm poised and ready to watch it unfold and all the darling chairs you created!
XoXoX,
Jeanette

JustaNoteFromJane said...

Hi Lori, tried a chair of yours for myself too. So cute. Love the idea of a room. I don't see your video either. Thanks for all your inspiration

lynda said...

Love ❤️❤️your illustrations and you're always amazing lettering, but unable to see the video, darn it! Waiting.....😉

Donna said...

Love it Lori! I've enjoyed your creative chair-making series and the room idea is the perfect display!

Diva Kreszl said...

Absolutely loved this, such a fun and eclectic collection of chairs!

Jo C said...

Brilliant way to display your sweet collection of chairs!

Cathy Michels said...

What a lovely way to store your collection! Thanks for the video tour!

fran pascazio said...

Your chars are beautiful as is your art….love this collection and the way you put it all together…..

angela said...

Hi Lori,
I really love your style :) This was an awesome presentation! Thank you for sharing!

Jane Martin said...

I love your chairs!!! And the box is such a great idea for storage. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Lori, it's been way too long since I last visited, but hopefully I'll be around more often to see all your awesome creations...love the chairs, what an awesome way to store them..blessings dear.
hugs,
Bevie

Unknown said...

Hi Lori, it's been way too long since I last visited, but hopefully I'll be around more often to see all your awesome creations...love the chairs, what an awesome way to store them..blessings dear.
hugs,
Bevie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...